SERVICES: ACCESSIBILITY (SENIOR & ADA): CATCH-A-RIDE
RIDER ALERT - As of January 15th, 2016 Marin Catch-A-Ride has a new phone number for scheduling. The new phone number is 1-855-760-0920. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Marin Catch-A-Ride is a discounted ride program that provides another transportation option for seniors in Marin through discounted taxi rides to Marin locations.
The new customized transportation option enables Marin seniors and people with disabilities to take taxi rides at a discounted rate.Marin Catch-A-Ride Customized Features Include:
- The ability to schedule transportation quickly with reduced wait times (2 hour advance notice required). Once eligible, seniors need only to call Catch-A-Ride’s call center to schedule rides.
- When a rider calls for their ride, they will be given an exact, mileage-based price for that discounted ride. This feature gives seniors and their families the peace of mind of knowing exactly what the trip will cost ahead of time.
- Depending on the destination, the discount may even cover the full price of short distance rides.
Call (415) 454-0902 for more information about the program and to apply for eligibility. For a brochure or an application, click here.
Marin Catch-A-Ride is a program of Marin Transit’s Marin Access family of transportation services and is funded by Marin’s voter approved vehicle registration fee, Measure B.
For information about transportation options in Marin, contact a Marin Access Travel Navigator at (415) 454-0902 or see us on the web at www.marinaccess.org.
what is catch-a-ride?
Marin Catch-A-Ride allows Marin residents who are age 80 and older as well as residents 60 and older who no longer drive to receive a subsidy to ride on Taxis and other licensed vehicles within Marin. Marin Catch-A-Ride is a program within the Marin Access Family of Programs.
who is eligible?
To be considered eligible for Marin Catch-A-Ride you must be:
- A resident of Marin, and
- At least 80 years of age or at least 60 years of age and unable to drive
- Or, Eligible for paratransit under the ADA
how does it work?
Marin Catch-A-Ride will provide eligible riders with $14 toward each one-way ride you take ($18 for low income riders). You will be allowed 8 one way rides per month.
what will it cost?
When you schedule your ride your fare will be based on the mileage of your trip. The exact fare you will be required to pay will be given to you when you schedule. There are no vouchers to keep track of or meters to worry about. Marin Catch-A-Ride will take care of all of that for you.
where can i ride?
Marin Catch-A-Ride will arrange for rides throughout Marin County. Though rides are subject to provider availability, every effort will be made to provide your requested ride