SCHEDULES: MUIR WOODS SHUTTLE: ROUTE 66 | 66F (Seasonal: Weekends & Holidays)
RIDER ALERT - The Muir Woods Shuttle will resume service on Saturday, April 4, 2015. The Shuttle will operate on weekends & holidays only through Sunday, October 25, 2015. Please check back for schedules and updated information.
Marin Transit also provides shuttle service to other scenic destinations in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area such as Stinson Beach and serves Point Reyes National Seashore. Check out the Marin Stagecoach (Routes 61 and 68) page for more information on these services.
Please check back 2015 season schedules.
|April 2015||May 2015||June 2015|
|July 2015||August 2015||September 2015|
|Off-Peak Season||Peak Season|
PLEASE NOTE - Adult round-trip fare is $5 and is collected at the Muir Woods Visitor Center along with your park entrance fee. Your receipt must be shown upon boarding for your return trip as proof of payment.
|Adult (ages 16+)||$5.00|
|Youth (ages 15 and under)||Free|
Please note our fare payment process:
1. Round trip fares are collected at the Muir Woods Visitor Center along with your entrance fee. You do not need to pay a fare when boarding on your trip TO Muir Woods.
2. You will be issued a receipt when you pay your fare. You must retain your receipt and present it to the driver when you board the return trip on the Muir Woods Shuttle.
3. One-way fares are not available. Passengers wishing to ride one-way must pay full round-trip fare.
4. Fares can be paid with cash or most major credit cards at the Muir Woods Visitor Center.
6. If transferring from another Marin Transit, West Marin Stagecoach, or Golden Gate Transit route, purchase a Day Pass from the driver upon boarding. The Day Pass can then be used to pay your round-trip fare for the Muir Woods Shuttle.
|click on a stop to display more information|
Free parking is available at the Pohono Street Park & Ride Lot. See maps below.
Pohono Street Park & Ride
(100 Shoreline Hwy, Mill Valley CA)
to/from San Rafael
Marin Transit Route 17
Marin City Hub
(Donahue & Terners)
to/from San Franciso
to/from San Rafael
(Bay & Bridgeway)
to/from San Francisco
Golden Gate Ferry provides service between San Francisco Ferry Building and and the Sausalito Ferry Terminal.
Blue and Gold Fleet provides service between San Francisco Pier 41 and the Sausalito Ferry Terminal.
This is the ninth year that Marin Transit is operating the seasonal Muir Woods Shuttle service, in partnership with the National Park Service. Read more about this shuttle service and learn about the historical performance of the shuttle.
Muir Woods Shuttle Evaluation Report for the 2014 Season
December 15, 2014
Click here to download the evaluation report for the 2014 Muir Woods Shuttle season, including ridership statistics, operating costs, passenger survey results, and recommendations for future season.
Marin Transit Receives 2012 Transit Excellence Award From The California Transit Association
November 12, 2012
Marin County Transit District is the 2012 recipient of the California Transit Association�s Transit Excellence Award for its seasonal Muir Woods Shuttle program. The award recognizes an outstanding small transit operator for innovative service concepts, effective problem-solving techniques, and promoting a positive image of transit in the community. Over 50 regional transit authorities operating hundreds of service lines are eligible for this award.